please, help me~


my sweet Stella ~ sorry now that I let her go


The other day when I was talking to my step dad, I mentioned that I have felt a little 'blocked' with my blog. Feels like I've pretty much covered my entire life already, and I can't think of anything else to write about. He suggested maybe I could post some lyrics I've written. I like this idea.

I wrote this song for a smart, loving, funny, and freakishly beautiful young woman I met in my second year of sobriety. She had five months sober. We became fast friends. Only a few months later, I watched as her entire life unraveled. It took only three weeks for her relapse to pull her under. Only THREE WEEKS. Everything she owned, she'd pawned. She'd been evicted. She started stripping for money for her drug of choice. She had collected a new group of friends. 

She would still call on me from time to time, and I'd always answer. The last time we spoke, she told me she was returning to Texas by bus right then (it was almost midnight), to live with her grandma and hopefully get her life back. I wrote this song during her relapse. 


  Please, Help Me 

Between my ears
Is a dangerous place to be
Never knowing what I’ll find
If there’s something I might see

I try to keep the static high
And drown out all the noise
I keep the company of my two best friends
Alcohol and boys

But lately there’s this tiny voice
When I come to, next day
Well, it’s begging me to stop and breathe
There’s got to be a better way

Well, it’s asking
Please, please, help me
Yeah, it’s begging
Please, please, help me

Late last night
I called on an old friend
I mumbled something incoherent
Like I wanted it to end

I hope to God that I am strong enough
To crawl out from this mess
But further down I find myself
Alone, save emptiness

So I’m asking you, 
Please, please, help me
Yeah, I’m begging you
Please, please, help me

Oh won’t you please, please
Help me?
I’m begging you
Please, please
Help me.

                                                               
                                                                   for my friend Haley, and all of us 2012



Popular posts from this blog

Growing into Consciousness

Henry's Fever - a found journal entry from January 25th, 2015

rethinking the 'look good'